Kale Bruschetta & Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 large green kale leaves
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup basil leaves, shredded
- 12 slices sour dough
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- finely grated parmesan, small basil leaves & lemon wedges, to serve
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Remove centre stem from the kale, finely shred leaves. Put into a bowl. Use a teaspoon to remove the seeds from tomatoes, then dice and add to kale.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together with salt and pepper then pour over the kale and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover and set aside 30 minutes.
- Cut the bread into 1cm-thick slices. Barbecue or chargrill the bread until toasted. While hot rub the surface with cut garlic.
- Stir the basil into the kale mixture then pile over the bread. Top with parmesan and small basil leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
Ready to serve!